A panel discussion on the role of ethnic media and the challenges faced in monitoring and reporting on the peace process in Myanmar’s ethnic states.
- Introduction by Maureen AUNG-THWIN, Director of the Open Society Foundations Burma Project, New York City, New York, USA
- Mai DEMOCRACY (aka Van Nei Kim), Executive Assistant, Chin World Media Group, Yangon, Myanmar
- NAI KASAUHMON, Chief Editor, Independent Mon News Agency, Mudon Town, Mon State, Myanmar
- NAN PAWGAY, Acting Development Officer, Burma News International (BNI); Editor in Chief, Karen Information Center (KIC), Hpa-an, Karen State, Myanmar
- ZIN LINN, Editorial Quality Consultant, Burma News International (BNI); Contributor to Asian Correspondent, Asian Tribune, Myanmar Freedom Daily, Yangon, Myanmar and Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Moderator: Gayathry VENKITESWARAN, Executive Director of the Southeast Asian Press Alliance