The downsizing of overseas news bureaus and a dwindling number of staffed correspondent positions give freelancers new opportunities to cover stories in far-flung locations. But many independents lack structural support and safety nets while in the field, and communication with the newsroom is often frustrating. A panel of experienced freelancers address these dilemmas with the intention of bolstering cooperation between media professionals.
- Jason STROTHER, Multimedia Freelance Journalist, Seoul, South Korea
- Malte KOLLENBERG, Multimedia Freelance Journalist, Seoul, South Korea
- Glenn VAN ZUTPHEN, President, VanMedia Group, Singapore
- Sunshine LICHAUCO DE LEON, Freelance journalist, Manila
- Jeffrey OON, Audience and Editorial Lead, Yahoo Singapore